Motivation is the driving force behind life-enhancing change. It comes from knowing exactly what you want to do and having an the burning desire to do what is necessary to get it. It keeps your dream on track as it is the power of motivation that keeps you going when the going gets tough.
I want to help you with this so here is 5 top tips to help you supercharge your motivation:
1. Create a vision board and fill it with images of your desired goals. The car you want to own, the house you want to live in, the area where you want to live yes, and yes they are the obvious ones. Others could be pictures of holiday destinations, trophies, first-class travel tickets, clothes you want to buy, fine restaurants you want to go to, new hobbies you want to start, whatever you can think of that gets your pulse racing.
2. GET ANGRY. If you want to change your life for the better then get angry about where you are at now. When you have a blase attitude towards change this won't create a strong desire within you. So ask yourself, "Why do I want to change? Is it because you're fed up with being in debt? Does your job bore you to death or DRIVE YOU CRAZY Is your life DULL AND PREDICTABLE? Are you struggling with your health and fitness? Are you SICK AND TIRED of doing the same thing week in week out? Day in day out! Are you BORED BEYOND BELIEF by the dull, uninspiring, unhappy people you spend time with? THEN GET ANGRY ABOUT IT. And I mean REAL ANGRY. Write it all down, all of the frustrating, unrewarding, miserable stuff that makes every day a dull slog until your final days. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?
3. Speaking of your final days, start to appreciate the value of time. Time is one of the most precious resources you have and it is also a NON RENEWABLE resource. You can either use it fully or squander it. If you want to create change then you're going to have to invest a lot of time to make it happen. Start to reduce the time you waste on things that won't help you: TV, newspapers, lie-ins, weekends spent shopping, partying, dining out, spending time with people you don't get on with. All of this will rob time from you. Valuable time that you can use much more effectively by investing it in YOU. Remember this: You have a finite amount of time here on Earth. You don't know how much time you have, unfortunately no one does. But it's how you use the time you have that counts. So make your time count and that means starting from right NOW.
4. Conformity. Are you a mindless little sheep who is way too timid to pursue your own way? Do you have to follow where everyone else goes, doing exactly what everyone else does and therefore, who gets the same levels of happiness as all the other little sheep? Seriously, does this describe YOU? Are you too frightened to be different than all of the other sheep because they wouldn't like it if you decided to follow a different path? So you dutifully trot along following all the other sheep because if they're doing it then that's how it is right? But if you do what everyone else does you'll just get what everyone else gets. Do you want to be a mindless, timid little sheep who blindly follows all the other sheep? Or do you want to be a leader, a warrior who possesses the courage to be uniquely you and to do what you want to do and make your dreams happen? If so then this means you have to be more like a tiger than a sheep. Do you really want to be a sheep? I mean, haven't we got enough sheep already? This may sound harsh but it is so true.
5. Fear your fear. Fear is the force that is determined to stop you in your tracks and rob your dreams from you. But it can only do this if you let it. Are you going to let this cruel destructive THING crush on all of your dreams, steal your happiness and destroy your spirit? Imagine looking back in when you are at your final days and realising that you didn't do the things you wanted to do because you were too frightened to live. By then it will be far to late. Don't let fear spoil your life. It's time to take action now!
The world is waiting for you to shine. Why keep it waiting any longer?