How many times have you looked in the mirror and seen something you don’t like? I have lost count of the amount of times I have found something I don't like when I look in the mirror. It happens to the best of us, we get caught up in what we ‘should’ look like. Thighs are too flabby and too big, hair is too straight, feet are too big, boobs are too small… the list could go on, and for many of us that is all we focus on....everything we "don't like" or "hate" about ourselves which destroys our confidence and stops us from achieving more and reaching for more.
The question is, are you loving who you are and ready to further improve yourself, or are you getting caught in the old “I’ll be happy when i've…”?
“I’ll be happy when I weigh only X kg”,
“I’ll be happy when I get a boob job”,
I’ll be happy when I have this or that done”.
The truth is that happiness isn’t a place,...
Have you ever heard me talk about non-scale victories before? You may be thinking no but in my challenge groups I talk about them all of the time as they are so so important when you are looking to improve your health and things could be happening which you are glazing over and missing because you're so focused on the scale.
So what are they? Well let's go through some examples of non scale victories when you start improving your health.
When the scale doesn't move but
- Your trousers feel looser
- you notice you haven't been getting as many headaches as you normally would
- you find yourself laughing more
- you are enjoying being with the kids again
- you feel less stressed
- you're feeling more confident and as a result you throw on those shorts and rock the fresh air on your legs
- your skin feels smoother
- your friends and family say you look happier
- you feel confident to ask your boss for a pay rise because you know you're worth it.
- you can see the...